Little Beauty Pick-Me-Ups For Back To School Season
September is here, and with it back to school and back to routine for many Mums and families. While many will view the return to school with a mix of sentimentality and relief, there’s no doubt that the early morning rush to get everyone ready - and where they need to be by 9am – puts quite a bit of pressure on parents each, and every, weekday morning. From packing lunchboxes, to ushering everyone into the car and avoiding traffic jams, we sometimes feel exhausted and wiped out before the day has even began. Bearing this in mind, we’ve listed some of our favourite ways to add a little zen to the morning chaos:
- Get up a few minutes earlier and start your day with 10 minutes of meditation. We like using the Headspace app. This helps to set the tone for the day and allows us to face into a busy morning feeling relaxed and confident.
- Just before your shower, dry brush your body - starting at your feet and working your way up towards the heart, in long strokes and circular motions. It takes two minutes and will help to boost your lymphatic system, immune system and circulation, while also helping your body to rid itself of toxins (and cellulite!).
- After our shower, we like to use Nunaїa’s Nourishing Radiance Serum, taking a few drops in our hands and then taking 3 deep breaths while inhaling the calming natural fragrance before gently applying the serum to our face, neck and chest. It takes seconds but feels like luxurious, indulgent self-care, and somehow readies us for facing the World. Bonus: most of the time after using this serum, our skin looks so healthy and fresh that we find we don't actually need much make up. If we do want to add a little colour, we love a multi-use product like Ilia Beauty’s Multi-stick in I Put A Spell On You or Olio E Osso’s Balm No. 10 Tea Rose Balm to perk up cheeks and lips in seconds. They are also easy to throw in your purse for touch ups throughout the day.
- If you haven’t had time to wash and style your hair, Refresh Dry Shampoo from Innersense allows you to freshen up your hair with minimal effort, so you can still look chic and put together in just a few minutes flat. No chemicals needed.
- After packing lunchboxes and ensuring that everyone is ready to go, we like to whip up a superfood-packed smoothie and include a couple of teaspoons of our favourite Sun Potion adaptogens to give us an extra energy boost while balancing our minds and bodies. We love Ashwagandha to harmonize our spirit and reduce the effects of stress, and Moringa for a nutritional boost of minerals and to stabilise blood pressure. Smoothies are easy to digest and are an easy way to get at least one or more servings of vegetables first thing in the morning. Add your favourite adaptogens, nuts, seeds, fresh and frozen fruit, healthy fats, leafy greens like spinach and kale (even Cauliflower and Broccoli can taste good!) and your favourite plant-based milk and you have a supremely healthy breakfast that you can take with you on the go.
- Once everyone has made it to where they need to be, we like to mist ourselves with a few sprays of Sun Potion’s Solar Rose Water to soothe our nerves and get us ready get us ready for Round 2 of our day!