So we wanted to talk to you a little about sustainability, and what that means to us here on The Clean Beauty Edit. As we all know, climate change is a huge problem facing our generation, as well as future generations. Keeping the Earth's rising temperature under control, and minimising the consequences of global warming and irresponsible practices (mostly coming from the first World, but dramatically impacting the rest of the Planet), is one of the most important issues facing just about everyone in 2019.
Here at The Clean Beauty Edit we are becoming increasingly aware of the impending dangers, but also of the many hopeful solutions. We are impressed that so many brands across the beauty industry are taking huge steps towards accountability, particularly when it comes to environmental policy as well as transparency towards ingredients. When it comes to curating brands and products for The Clean Beauty Edit we embrace those who are actively using sustainable, GM-free, organic and natural ingredients. We also ensure that their packaging is as eco-friendly as possible, and that the responsibly source all of their raw materials.
Basically, we only promote brands who share a similar ethos to our own and who are going to produce clean, toxin-free beauty products that are socially and environmentally sustainable. You will find that all our products come in packaging that is 99% recyclable, recycled or re-useable.
We also understand the impact that our own packaging has on our environment, so we continuously monitor our packaging and practises to ensure that it is as eco-friendly and sustainable as possible. We regularly re-evaluate our Sustainability Policy to see where we can do better, and are open to customer feedback in this regard.
To break down our own packaging:
- Our shipping boxes and polyethylene mailer bags are both widely recyclable
- Our tissue paper is also recyclable and comes from a supplier with FSC certification
- The protective chips that we use to protect your purchases are 100% biodegradable and compostable. Manufactured using a low-energy process from GM-free, sustainable, annually renewable sources
Other eco-friendly measures we are taking:
- We use DHL for all our shipments here at TCBE. DHL are working towards achieving zero-emission logisitcs by 2050, and also aim to have 70% clean delivery solutions (such as electric vehicles and bikes) by 2025. They are also working to ensure that 50% of their products are made using green solutions. They plan over 1 million trees annually with their partner, help with disaster relief Worldwide and also have an education programme here in Europe and throughout the World
- We only use compostable, organic, fair trade coffee pods here at TCBE
- We don't print unless absolutely necessary
- We recycle and compost
- We are energy-efficient (low energy lighting, we switch off machinery after use and use energy efficient heating)
- We use refillable water bottles and use reusable containers for our drinks and snacks
These are just some of the small ways in that we are aware of our footprint as a retailer and are taking steps to minimise our impact on the environment. We will keep researching, learning and progressing towards a more sustainable existence, both here in The Clean Beauty Edit offices and at home. We look forward to sharing and discussing sustainability and the environment with our community and welcome any feedback that you might have on this topic.
Small steps will lead to a big difference. It's time we all started re-assessing our footprint and making changes for the sake of our future together here on this beautiful planet. We know better, so let's do better! #gocleanandgreenin2019